At Saint Bede’s we have made adjustments to the layout of the buildings to enable people with a phyical disability to access the site. These include:
- Lift access in the main building to allow learners to access the first floor.
- Ramps or low door thresholds to ensure access is easy both inside and outside the building.
- Disabled parking accommodation close to the main entrance and at the side of the school.
- The science and technology building, along with the Sports Hall are on one level and are fully accessible to all learners.
- The Drake building is spread over two floors and disabled students are taught on the lower floor as the building does not have a disabled lift
- An audit of the auditory environment has shown good acoustics in the majority of classrooms which are carpeted and have window blinds and wall displays.
- There is one toilet with disabled access.
- There are adjustable height chairs available around school.
- In the Science and Technology classrooms there are height adjustable tables.
At plan showing the disabled parking spaces and access to the buildings can be found here:
Disabled Access and Parking